What should you be looking for in a review? Here are a few things that you should be keeping an eye out for:
Look For Detailed Reviews
The most useful reviews are going to be the ones that go into a lot of detail. If someone is able to explain why they love a particular product, then you will be able to determine whether or not that product would be a good choice for you.
If a review only has a sentence or two, it isn’t going to tell you much as all. Try not to put much stock into these kinds of reviews. Instead, look for the kinds of reviews that can really tell you something about the product in question.
Look For Reviews With Photos
Being able to see the products you’re considering can be very helpful, especially if you can see how the products look on an actual person. Because of this, you should try to find reviews that contain photos.
A lot of bloggers regularly include photos in their reviews. If you look for blogs that have mentioned products like BH cosmetics, Amazon, Walmart, Nutri-Bullet, you should be able to find plenty of helpful reviews. A lot of sites that allow people to share user reviews also make it easy for people to upload and share photos. Reviews with photos can really tell you a lot.
List of Top Product Review Sites:
- CNet Reviews – CNet is the web division of CBS Interactive and over the years has proved itself to be one of the most reliable and comprehensive site for Product reviews. It covers a wide range of products – from Electronics to software to web hosting. User reviews in addition to Editor reviews on the latest products in the town make it a popular product review site.
- TestFreaks- TestFreaks is a relatively new Product review Website which is more of a collection of reviews from more than 60 countries across the world. What I love about this website is its unique feature of getting the reviews from other reputed websites and presenting all of them to the user at once place. In addition to that, users can submit their own reviews. They have an India specific website as well.
- TrustedReviews – Trusted Reviews has a comprehensive categories of products reviewed including Video reviews. More than the user reviews, the editorial review dominates the content here. You can compare prices and specifications of different product models.
- Epinions – Epinions is a Product Review service Shopping.com, which features millions of product reviews. Here, they encourage the product reviewers by awarding Titles like “Top reviewer”, “featured reviewer” etc. Don’t miss the Epinions Top 10 lists on the left sidebar.
- MouthShut – Mouthshut is one of the first Product review websites I used. The products reviewed here include general ones like cars, electronic appliances and unique ones like credit Cards, Schools and websites! Mind you, its more of an India specific website.
- ConsumerReports – ConsumerReports.org is one of the oldest product review services currently. Contrary to others, it follows paid-subscription mechanism and has more than 2 million subscribers currently making it the top most paid-subscription based website publication.
- Wired Reviews – Wired.com reviews make it to the Top 10 product Review Websites list due to the sheer quality of product pictures it carries. Though the reviewed products are mainly electronic based, they are thoroughly reviewed, but hardly any user based reviews available in the site.
- Buzzillions – Buzzillions features almost 5 million product reviews all over the world. Anything and everything you would need would be reviewed here (well, almost!). But the only reason for it to miss out on Top 5 spot was its annoying pop-up right when you enter the website asking for a web-survey.
Seek Out Video Reviews
Sometimes, you can’t appreciate what something looks like until you see it in motion. This is especially true when it comes to cosmetics. When you watch a video review, you’ll be able to find the kinds of products that sparkle in the light. You will also be able to find products that are easy to apply.
Find A Reviewer That You Can Trust
If you are buying products because of someone’s recommendation, you will want to make sure that you can trust what they have to say.
Try to find a reviewer that has reviewed products that you have had the chance to try. If their opinions align with yours, then you will want to take their opinions about the products.
There are a lot of things you will want to look for as you read product reviews. Try to learn as much as you can from the reviews that you read. If you read a lot of reviews, and study those reviews carefully, you will be able to select the best products that company has to offer.