Last updated on February 6th, 2020
The complete guide to know what to buy and avoid in May
If you are looking for what to buy in May, this write-up should provide you with the complete guide. Of course, you will get a number of great deals while out shopping in May. However, there are products on which you will save more money than on others. Since Memorial Day is just around the corner, you might want to put that into consideration as you go out shopping.
Here is the list what to buy in May
As Memorial Day draws close, one of the things you should consider buying is a mattress. You can do that a few days after or before May 28th when you can get discounts of up to 70 percent.
The reason for the huge mattress discounts
at this time is the huge number of individuals preparing to move houses in the summer. You should be prepared when you finally make that decision.
If you have been asking what to buy in May, a refrigerator is a great option. Whether you want it brand new or second-hand, there are a lot of options around Memorial Day.
Everyone needs an array of appliances in their homes, mostly in the kitchen. Whether you are talking about electric cookers
, it is always better to buy in May rather than wait to do it later in the year.
If there is any reason to buy in May, it is the attractive deals that come around Memorial Day
You definitely need to have cookware
in your kitchen. Appliances alone will not give you full meals when you need them. Depending on the store from which you are making your purchase, you can either get a good or a bad deal.
Most of the spring apparel manufacturers usually bring out new stock in May in preparation for the warmer season. It is no longer about what to buy in May but everything to do with getting the best deals.
Spring apparel sales were on as early as April when discounts of up to 80 percent were provided.
Walmart was selling men’s shorts for as little as $3 and sandals for $6.
Last-Minute Travel Getaways
Are you going on holiday during the Memorial Day weekend? Watch out for last-minute travel getaways and save on your expenses. That included your place ticket plus hotel charges. Talk about traveling on the cheap.
Between April and May, Jewelry prices usually dip in preparation for Memorial Day sales. There are no better gifts for the women in your life than good pieces of jewelry bought at discounted prices.
For a number of years, you have been planning to start exercising. May is the perfect time to take up that gym membership. After all, the best time to start anything you should have done yesterday is now.
What to Give a Wait in May
Just because you have the money doesn’t mean you should buy just about anything. Avoid the following:
• Grills. In May, kitchen appliances are a hit but grills aren’t. You wouldn’t get good deals for these so it is best to wait till later in the year. In May, all you can get is between 25 and 50 percent in discount. If you can wait until October, the prices will be slashed by another 25 percent.
• Outdoor furniture. Why should you buy outdoor furniture at a time when you cannot get the best deals? Later in the year is always a better time.
• Computers and electronics. You don’t have to buy computers and electronics in May, no matter how attractive the prices are. You wouldn’t get the best deals until November.
• Swimsuits. One of the reasons why you should avoid buying swimsuits in May is that they are in high demand. You can, therefore, expect to pay very high prices.
• Summer apparel. It is believed that the onset of the summer comes with great bargains on summer apparel. That may be true only to a certain extent. The best deals for summer clothing comes in November which you can expect cuts of up to 50 percent.
May is the month when you should save more on the most important items. Take advantage of the Memorial Day shopping craze to get what you want cheaply.